Terms of Reference: Advertisement of local partners- Puntland Area offices
- Project title: Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN).
- Locations: Bari, Karkaar, Nugal, Sanag, Mudug regions
- Number of local partner required: 5 local partners each region one.
The NRC Somalia Country Programme is part of the NRC Horn of Africa, Yemen, Uganda and South Sudan regional mission. Operations in the region began in Somaliland in 2004, expanded to Puntland in 2006, South Central Somalia and Kenya in 2007. Since 2011, five more programmes have been established in the region: Ethiopia, Yemen, Djibouti, South Sudan & Uganda. Prioritized activities focus on shelter construction; water, hygiene and sanitation; education; food security; protection and information, counselling and legal assistance (ICLA).
The office of the Norwegian Refugee Council Puntland Somalia invites interested civil society and national non-governmental organizations with population movement and protection monitoring background and experience to submit their expression of interest to work under the project ‘Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN’), funded by UNHCR for the prequalification of delivery of services on behalf of the Norwegian Refugee Council the year 2023.
- Improved Living Conditions and Enhanced internally displaced (IDPs) and returnees Protection in Somalia.
- To improve the protection of the displaced, returnees and the refugees by strengthening the Protection & Return Monitoring Network, stakeholder capacity building, advocacy mechanisms, referral system and response.
- Monitor population displacements and movements such as droughts and conflict-related displacement, including primary and secondary displacement as well as returns by targeting strategic points.
- protection monitoring including protection incidents as outlined on the guidance documents.
Scope of the services provided
The project activities are mainly daily filed monitoring, filed visits to the field to collect specific data on IDP movement, returns and protection incidents within IDP settlements, villages, transit camps/corridors and other IDP target sites; and submitting the data to online database. In so doing, the partner organization will receive funds to facilitate this exercise.
The partner will use a database system where the monitors will upload all information collected on daily bases, the partner will likewise send flash reports and protection monitoring reports to NRC focal points within 3 hours of the incident occurrence.
- The partner organizations should be based in target regions and have functioning office.
- Each partner should apply to work in One region and be specific on the districts of operations.
- The organizations should be officially recognized by the local authorities, and should have proof of registration.
- The organizations should have physical presence in the locations applied for.
- The organization should be able to provide track record of previously protection activities for over than 3 years or have implemented similar projects in the past.
- Deep knowledge of Persons of concern rights and Guiding principles of internally displaced people
- Active involvement and/or participation in protection cluster and relevant sectors.
- Knowledge of the culture for the various Somali communities in Puntland target areas.
- Strong result oriented for communication, advocacy, reporting and data analysis
- The organization should have organizational policies and procedure, particularly, financial, logistical and HR systems.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUBMISSION
- Organizational profiles and structures clearly stating experience in the applied sector, previous implemented projects, objectives, vision and mission
- Article of association (constitution) with the organogram
- Valid and updated registration certificates from the government and other authorities for the year ending December 2022 or beyond at the very latest
- Last Financial audit report conducted by recognized audit firm if any
- Concept note not more than 4 to 5 pages indicating proposed activities, implementation methodology and the background information
- Any report related to protection, Displacement interventions, mixed migration and human rights related issues.
- Certificate experience with similar works completed or reference email stating the work done/MOUs for the previous contracts.
- Summary of similar activities executed in the last 3 years.
- Qualifications of organizational key technical staff (5 at least)
- Organization’s operational strategies for Puntland area applied operational strategy.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be addressed to email@example.com on or before 10th December 2022 referencing “Protection and Return Monitoring Network (PRMN Partners” in the subject of the email.