Federal Government Of Somalia
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) has received financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Somalia Enhancing Public Resource Management Project (SERP). The SERP project is implemented on behalf of FGS by the Ministry of Finance. The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to support the FGS to strengthen accountability, transparency and institutional capacity in public resource management, across participating entities. It is envisaged that SERP will assist the FGS by focusing on synergies and interconnectedness between improving domestic revenue mobilization (DRM), Public Financial Management (PFM), and Public Sector Management (PSM).1 Integration of revenue, expenditure, and service delivery will in time improve formal tax collection, strengthen legitimacy, and reduce the role of non-state actors The Ministry of Finance intends to apply part of the proceeds for the payment for services of the Communications & Reporting Specialist .
- Scope of work for the Communication & Reporting Specialist
Provides guidance on how to create an effective communication strategy that follows the SMART criteria (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely). The communication strategy should clearly outline the objectives, key messages, audience, stakeholders, and channels.
Advises the project coordination unit on how to develop standard operating procedures, guidelines on media events, placements, press conferences and media appearances.
Provides expert assistance on how to create communication materials, including publications, online presence, briefing notes, talking points, speeches, and presentations.
Gives recommendations on drafting and editing opinion pieces, statements, articles, media releases and advisories, policy and development contents including, among others, factsheets, web content, social media content, publications and talking points.
Provides guidance on the design and implementation of communication work plans for internal and external engagements.
For more on the scope please refer to ToR.
Skills and Qualifications
- Selection Criteria
The qualifications and experience of the successful candidate are set out below.
- Master’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience or bachelor’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience, in a relevant discipline in Communications, Journalism Business or Public Administration, International Development, Public Relations and/or related fields.
- Excellent written and spoken command of English and Somali, and the ability to convey complex ideas in a creative, clear, direct, and lively style.
- Proven knowledge of visual communications principles and fluency with design software.
- Understands project management concepts sufficiently to propose and develop drafts of online communication plans and strategies with minimal supervision; can apply standards project management tools, methodologies, and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with teams of various levels.
- Experience of leading similar assignment(s) in Somalia and/or federal states; and knowledge of public and private media houses in Somalia.
- Documented experience in delivering media training.
- Experience using graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative suite would be preferable.
- Ability to adapt and cope with changes and work-related pressure.
- Duration & Duty Station: Twelve (12) months. The duty station is Mogadishu Somalia with travels to the FMSs
- The Ministry of Finance of Federal Government of Somalia (MoF) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) can be found at the following website: www.mof.gov.so or it can be forwarded to the applicant upon request to the address indicated below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.21 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated November 2020, current edition (“Procurement Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
- The selection will be conducted in accordance with the procedures for selection of Individual Consultants set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing (IPF) Borrowers dated November 2020 (Procurement Regulations
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV with 3 reference persons must be delivered ( by e-mail or in person) in a written form to the address below by June 9th, 2023 at 12:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as “ Expression of Interest for Communications & Reporting Specialist; REF : SO-MOF-362167-CS-INDV (MoF)”
RCRF Project – Office of the PIU
Ministry of Finance of Federal Government of Somalia, Mogadishu