Finance Manager Somalia (open to Somali nationals only) – Mogadisho
The Norwegian Refugee Council in Somalia is looking for an experienced finance manager to lead the finance department according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Responsible for maintaining financial overview and ensure that monthly financial reporting is conducted across areas (Budget vs Actual reports for support & project costs)
- Ensure that adequate financial management routines and systems are in place, and that NRC’s accounting practices and standards are adhered to, and are in accordance with quality and policy requirements from NRC, donors, auditors and authorities.
- Serve as a resource person on compliance and focal point on audit issues.
- Responsible for the development of the Master Budget and cost share allocations across donors.
- Implement and be the focal point of new financial tools in the country office
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Finance Coordinator or Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/Specific Skills, Knowledge/ Experience:
- Proficient in using a coaching approach and assuming a mentorship role to transfer knowledge and expertise to staff under supervision.
- Experience working with diverse donor portfolios and high volume financial operations
- Ability to delegate effectively and working with an expansive team and unit
- Experience in building national staff capacity
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
For more information, Here is the detailed Job Description.
- Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somali.
- Type of Contract: 12 Months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
- Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
- Travel: 30%
- Language: Fluency in English.
HOW TO APPLY
Click this link to Apply: Application Link
All applications should be submitted in English!
This position is open to qualified candidates of all Somalia nationality!
Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.