International Rescue Committee
Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader
- Requisition ID: req29484
- Job Title: Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader
- Sector: Program Administration
- Employment Category: Proposal
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: Yes
- Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
The IRC is seeking a qualified Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader for an anticipated three-year World Bank-funded project, which will be managed by the Federal Ministry of Health. The project is called “Improving Healthcare Services in Somalia (Damal Caafimad)”. The Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for providing operational and program management support for the project, which is focused on expanding the coverage of high-impact health and nutrition services in select geographic areas. The Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader will be based in Somalia in the region where the project is focused (location TBC), with travel to project sites.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading humanitarian and development organization working in more than 40 countries to help people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and crisis to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
The IRC began working in Somalia in the early 1980s – initially to assist people seeking refuge in the aftermath of the Somalia-Ethiopian conflict. The focus of IRC Somalia programming is on Health, Nutrition, Economic Resilience, Recovery and Development, Governance, WASH, Women’s Protection and Empowerment interventions to crisis affected communities in most of the targeted locations. With headquarters in Mogadishu, the IRC oversees field offices in Dhusamareb, Gaalkayo and Garowe within the regional states of Puntland, Galmudug and Benadir Region. IRC programming in Somalia adopts an integrated approach, in which each sector provides mutually reinforcing services to at-risk populations.
The upcoming Damal Caafimad project will support the rapid expansion of high-impact health and nutrition services within the Government of Somalia’s Essential Package of Health Services (EPHS). The project also aims to develop the Federal and State Ministries’ of Health capacity to act as stewards of the health sector. The project will focus on primary healthcare, improving the availability of pharmaceuticals, strengthening the quality of care, and developing strong management systems. Robust community level health services and engagement will also be a critical part of the project. The World Bank is funding the project, which will be delivered through Federal Ministry of Health contracting of NGOs.
Scope of Work:
The Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader will provide financial, operational and program management for the Damal Caafimad project. In addition to managing the Damal Caafimaad project finances for the IRC, they will oversee the financial management practices of health facilities within the region. The Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader will also be responsible for partner management and contract compliance. They will support the project team to achieve contract milestones in a compliant manner, creating a work environment that promotes teamwork and trust and empowers staff to take responsibility.
The Financial Manager & Deputy Team Leader will support the Team Leader to develop, review and monitor – in coordination with key project staff – annual work and performance plans to ensure that priorities are on track. They will be responsible for developing annual budgets, monitoring project expenses, and preparing financial reports. They will ensure that all financial transactions follow procedures required under MoH and WB procurement guidelines and that implementation follows IRC, Ministry of Health and World Bank standard operational policies and requirements. They will support donor reporting through both formal and informal debriefings, as well as consolidating and editing annual and quarterly financial reports – working closely with the Team Leader. Finally, they will liaise directly with the donor, as needed, to provide project finance updates, discuss obstacles, performance plans, and progress against targets.
This position reports to the Team Leader for the Damal Caafimad project. It is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding; we anticipate that the project will begin in 2022.
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in social sciences, international development or related field; equivalent experience may be substituted
- Minimum of 10 years of increasingly responsible experience of program management and financial management for large, multi-partner, multi-year international development projects (approximately $10-15million)
- Significant previous experience managing operations for similar programming in conflict or crisis situations
- Substantial partner management experience required
- Working knowledge of World Bank projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements is desirable
- Experience working in the Horn of Africa
- Adept in work-planning and budgeting, adaptive management, and supervising large, diverse teams
- Possess outstanding leadership, communication, analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated innovation and success in staff capacity-building
- Strong written, oral presentation and facilitation skills in English required
- Highly motivated, possesses strong sense of integrity and a positive attitude
- Willingness to travel within Somalia (remote settings), as needed
Safety & Security Situation
All staff must comply with all IRC Somalia security policies and procedures.
Standards for Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow this link to Apply: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/29484?c=rescue