LIGHT VEHICLE DRIVER – HARGEISA
About the Job
The Driver will facilitate movement of staff, official visitors and offers other transport services within the assigned regions. Ensures compliance to ICRC standard security procedures, transport guidelines and national traffic laws.
This is a national/resident position based in Hargeisa, Somaliland
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates movement of staff and visitors within the region as planned, ensures safety and security of the passengers and the vehicle
- Picks and drops off staff and official visitors at the field/airport, facilitates immigration, customs formalities and local travel requirements
- Constantly monitors the general condition on the roads and continuously updates the supervisor on the state of the roads, vehicle and security condition
- Ensures that goods are loaded into the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standard
- Confirms that all scheduled trips have the relevant authorization
- Reports immediately of any accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to the supervisor
- Adheres to the internally set guidelines on motor vehicle maintenance, fuelling and safety
- Ensures day to day proper maintenance and cleanliness of the assigned vehicle
- Completes the vehicle Log sheet for every movement/trip made
- Inspects the mechanical condition of the vehicle before any trip/movement is made
- Collects, delivers mail, official documents and other items to the preferred destination
- Ensures availability of all required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle Logbook, tools, map of the City/Country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts
Experience and Qualifications
- Secondary School Certificate
- 3 years’ work experience in a similar position in a Humanitarian environment
- Valid Driving Licence
- Strict adherence to the traffic rules and familiar with regulations stipulated in the Traffic Act
- Good command of spoken and written English and Somali language
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the assigned region
- Experience in driving 4/4, automatic and manual transmission vehicles
- Automobile maintenance experience and basic knowledge of mechanics is an added advantage
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- First Aid certificate from a recognized institution will be an asset
- Computer skills
HOW TO APPLY
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 4th December 2022. Clearly indicate DRIVER HARGEISA in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.