Central Bank of Somalia
BANKIGA DHEXE EE SOOMAALIYA
CENTRAL BANK OF SOMALIA
- Post Title: Technical Officer (Technician for BPS Cash Processing Machines)
- Duty Station: CBS Headquarter
- Expected starting date: December, 2022
- Status: Permanent
- Appointment period: Full-time
- Reports to: Head of Storage & Issuance Division
- Supervises: None
- Managing equipment, systems, and machinery used to process control and monitor Banknote counting sorting in many areas.
- Evaluating, raising then propose essential recommendations & required modifications to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in the equipment, systems, and machiner.
- You will be writing technical reports and keeping up to date with developments in technology and regulations.
2- General Description
The Electrical Mechanical technician is to provide professional capability in developing and managing the maintenance, monitoring, testing, installing, and updating of all Electrical systems, machines, and equipment at the Currency Department Cash Processing Center.
3- Duties and Responsibilities
- To structure the Electrical Unit to suit the Department’s functions and responsibilities relevant to Banknote Processing System, Banknote Banding Machine, Banknote Packaging System either to be technologically automatic/manual or digital/analog.
- To practically & professionally solve required solutions for the following Electro-Mechanical Engineering:-
- Electrical control circuits
- Electricals cables & connectors
- Communication Electricals Sensors
- Transducers and applications
- Digital Storage Oscilloscope
- Basic SMD (terminal components)
- To develop plans and systems maintenance and monitoring of Banknote Processing System, Automatic Banknote Banding Machine, Banknote Packaging System.
- To implement and supervise maintenance plans and systems for the various Electrical devices and equipment referred to in (1) above.
- To implement and manage safety and permit to work systems when carrying out works on the electrical devices and equipment referred to in (1) above.
- To produce monthly reports on the maintenances and any other work carried out on all electrical equipment in the Currency Department.
- Any other duties that the Currency Department Director may request.
- Troubleshoot and Repair Electricals Systems to test and repair various Electrical systems or instruments.
- To supervise & plan well-matched training for the electro-Mechanical technicians in the technical section of the currency department.
Education: in Electrical Mechanical Technician and a registered member of a recognized professional engineering society. A Diploma or degree in management will complement the Management requirement.
Experience: Must have at least 3 to 4 years in the Electrical machines or similar environment
- The candidate must also have the experience and capabilities in managing and maintaining Banknote processing-related machines with associated switchgear.
- Full Capacity in the testing, resetting, and troubleshooting of any emerging electrical problem in Banknote systems.
Language: Excellent writing and speaking both English & Somali.
Functional and Organizational Skills
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Qualified national applicants with required skills are invited to submit their electronic applications and updated resumes through email; firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com not later Than 4th December. 2022
- Incomplete Applications and those received after deadline will not be considered. Per newly approved human resources policy, Central Bank is equal opportunity employer and female applicants are highly encouraged to apply. Please note Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.